Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The interwebz

For a lot of people out there, having a webcomic they follow regularly isn't a strange thing at all. I've been following several for the past four years or so, but I've also seen a lot die, or just degrade in quality for the sake of fast output. Good writing is a honed skill, and when a writer starts out good, if he or she keeps up a dedication to quality, things can only get better.

So, in the the eternal search for new reading material, I stumbled across Warren Ellis's ongoing webcomic, FreakAngels. Warren Ellis is a fairly well known writer for comics, so it's likely anyone reading this will have already heard of it and/or read it through.

If you haven't, you really aught to. Beautifully illustrated by Paul Duffield (and colored by his small team), written by Warren Ellis and interspersed with entertaining and sometimes educational interludes, it's worthy of all the awards it's won.

http://www.freakangels.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment